Tuesday 23 September 2014

Welcome to Lines and Doodles

Welcome to my new blog Lines and Doodles where I will be featuring my work and to share it online. This was something I wanted to do for quite some time and I've finally got round to it. I thought a new start and a new life in Thailand is a good time to start one. 

My first approach was to submit an illustration for the weekly topic on Illustration Friday, this is a good way to challenge myself and to keep up with a current trend that other illustrators and artist are doing around the world through this website. This weeks topic was "Novelty", please see my previous post for further details. 

My style of work is mainly inks, watercolours and pencils. I use a lot of lines and drawing with accuracy and detail amongst the subject of any piece of illustration I do. I use a lot of patterns and shapes to create a sense of depth too. I just think of any drawing as one big doodle and just hope that the overall affect fits with the drawing. So when I start a piece I do not know how it's going to turn out. I know some artist plan to do things, which of course I do but do not necessarily know how it would look in the end. 

I currently teach Primary Art which is a role that is very new to me, it has surprised me how inspiring working with children is. So I find myself thinking about the projects we are currently working on and thinking of the same topics for my own piece. 

I hope you enjoy my work and follow me for any future illustrations I feature on this blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment